Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

My gas bill is too high

Switched-on

I reiceved the first gas bill since I moved in. It is way to much compared to previous bill. I sent my gas meter to AGL as reuqested. But they sent bill with high cost. I don't think it is correct as  a single person live in and I had trips a lot during this periods. 

How can I ask them to investigate this for me?

1 REPLY 1

Re: My gas bill is too high

AGL Moderator

Hey Hami,

Thanks for your contribution!

Our customers meter readings are generally the first thing we check when investigating a bill as this data is what primarily decides how much your bill would be. Other causes of a high bill could be one of but not limited to the following:

• An appliance using more energy than anticipated
  • A faulty appliance
  • A faulty meter
  • A gas leak

Gas leaks are relatively easy to check for just by using your sense of smell and typically you'll know about this before your bill even arrives. We'd encourage you to take a look at your gas appliances, especially your hot water system, to ensure they're operating as they should be. You can also find helpful information here.

If none of this information provides any clarity, then I encourage you to get in touch with our customer service team via web chat here to chat about a technician taking a look at your gas meter.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.