Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Much higher reading on the bill

Conductor
Hi everyone!

The latest bill of my gas account is incorrect for the meter ML0134**. The reading on the bill is much higher than my actual meter reading.
The reading on my meter now is 7617.27 (taken on 19/06/2016) instead of the high amount of 20914.22 shown on the bill.
I have also taken a photo of my meter on 1st of March, which read 5923.50. Therefore it is clear that my current reading of 7617.27 is consistent and correct with my meter. 
Has anyone been into this situation? Was your problem solved?
20160619122337.jpg
0619.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Much higher reading on the bill

AGL Moderator

Hi @XIAOHUA

Welcome to the Community!

From what it sounds like, you received an estimated read. Are you on monthly billing? If so, check out this article here - It advises how to submit your own reads so we can provide an accurate adjustement for you. 

Conductor

Hi @NathanB

I contacted AGL and they said I will receive a new bill with the reading I provided.

However, I do not understand why the reading I provided according to my meter is actually a lot lower than the previous reading on the bill, but the new bill is even charging higher the the previous bill?

Please take a look for me. Thank you.

previous wrong bill:

QQ截图20160623205129_副本.jpg

new bill: reading correct, but charging even higher with lower reading?

QQ截图20160623205053_副本.jpg

AGL Moderator

Hi @XIAOHUA

Apologies for the late response.

I took a look at both bills closely and the difference appears to be that one is for a 94 day period and the other is for a 103 day period, which would contribute to a difference in price.

Conductor
Hi Nathan,

Thank for the reply. However, what I meant was the huge difference in the reading. The end reading for the ML****** meter for the first bill was more than 20,000, and it has been changed to the correct reading of 7617 in the new bill. With such a big difference in the reading and usage, why is the amount charged for around the same price? The period with a few days difference isn't the main problem here.

I would appreciate your reply, thank you.

Conductor
Hi @NathanB,

Thank for the reply. However, what I meant was the huge difference in the reading. The end reading for the ML****** meter for the first bill was more than 20,000, and it has been changed to the correct reading of 7617 in the new bill. With such a big difference in the reading and usage, why is the amount charged for around the same price? The period with a few days difference isn't the main problem here.

I would appreciate your reply, thank you.

AGL Moderator

@XIAOHUA

Pop us a private message with some account information, I'll take a more thorough look for you and see what we find. 

Conductor

Hi @NathanB

I have sent you my account number via privvate message.