Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

More than 400% increase in electricity charges

Newcomer

My wife and I have lived in our current apartment for a year, with AGL. Just 2 months ago, the electricity bill suddenly shot up. I find this highly irregular. There are just the 2 of us, at home. We work in the university, so we leave the house at 7am and come home at 6 pm. We were paying about $55-80 per month, before it started to jump to $210 - $230! That is an insane ~$900 a quarter. The infographic that comes with the bill says that our usage is typical of >5 people!!!

Just to show you what it looks like:

usage.jpegsudden jump in bills

Notice how it has been consistent over the year... and then..well, +400%?

Can someone explain to me what has happened? 

5 REPLIES

Re: More than 400% increase in electricity charges

Hey brokenstones.

Welcome to the Community!

A bill can jump for a number of reasons, and the quality of your meter reading (Actual or Estimated) displayed on the back of your bill is always a good place to start! If you'd like us to assess the accuracy of your bills and look further into a possible cause of this increase, you'll need to get in touch with our web chat team here: aglener.gy/ChatCom.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Hi Jayden

Thanks for the reply. Sure thing - but I can't access that link. It forwards me to AGL's "contact us" page with no indication of web chat access. How should I proceed?

Thanks for getting back to me, brokenstones!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the link I provided. If you log into your AGL 'My Account', you'll be prompted to speak with a web chat agent. You can log in here: aglener.gy/LogIn. If you don't have any success through this platform, I'd recommend that you contact us via phone on 131 235.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

mj1
Drop in

Hi Brokenstones. 

Just wondering if you ever got this sorted and what it was? 

You never seem to see any conclusions on here of how it was resolved or what the issue was. 

Drop in

using too much power and getting ripped off is what it was he he