Accounts and Billing

Have a question about anything relating to an AGL account, product or service? Search for answers here or start a discussion.

Highlighted
Newcomer

More than 400% increase in electricity charges

My wife and I have lived in our current apartment for a year, with AGL. Just 2 months ago, the electricity bill suddenly shot up. I find this highly irregular. There are just the 2 of us, at home. We work in the university, so we leave the house at 7am and come home at 6 pm. We were paying about $55-80 per month, before it started to jump to $210 - $230! That is an insane ~$900 a quarter. The infographic that comes with the bill says that our usage is typical of >5 people!!!

Just to show you what it looks like:

sudden jump in billssudden jump in bills

Notice how it has been consistent over the year... and then..well, +400%?

Can someone explain to me what has happened? 

3 REPLIES

Re: More than 400% increase in electricity charges

Hey brokenstones.

Welcome to the Community!

A bill can jump for a number of reasons, and the quality of your meter reading (Actual or Estimated) displayed on the back of your bill is always a good place to start! If you'd like us to assess the accuracy of your bills and look further into a possible cause of this increase, you'll need to get in touch with our web chat team here: aglener.gy/ChatCom.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Newcomer

Hi Jayden

Thanks for the reply. Sure thing - but I can't access that link. It forwards me to AGL's "contact us" page with no indication of web chat access. How should I proceed?

Thanks for getting back to me, brokenstones!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the link I provided. If you log into your AGL 'My Account', you'll be prompted to speak with a web chat agent. You can log in here: aglener.gy/LogIn. If you don't have any success through this platform, I'd recommend that you contact us via phone on 131 235.

Kind regards,

Jayden.