Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Meter readings: register 001 and register 002

Semiconductor

Hi There,

After switching to monthly billing and then receiving nasty billing shock due to 3 months worth of terrible estimations before an actual read, I'm debating whether to switch back to quarterly billing, or start entering my own readings.

In trying to ascertain the effort required to regularly enter readings, I thought I'd give it a shot this morning.

I'm faced with two entry rows for my electricity meter.  Both rows show the same meter identifier.  The first row is for "register 001", the second for "register 002".

Can someone explain to me what two figures I'm supposed to be entering here?  I'm *guessing* that one is for the "Peak" reading, the other for the "Solar" reading, since both readings appear on my bills ... however, there is no mention of "Register", "001" or "002" on any of my bills, so I can't correlate these fields with anything.

Some additional information:

1.  I have an electronic meter;

2.  I have a solar system feeding back to the grid;

3.  I have followed two separate links re: reading a meter.  The first link opens a dialog and an empty page, the second gives me instructions on how to read an old dial-type electricity meter.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Tony

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Meter readings: register 001 and register 002

Alumni

Hi @TonyH

Any chance you could provide a screen shot of the screen you're referring to? You should only be entering one read - your elecricity - as you cannot enter your own solar read. Make sure to check that you're entering your electricity read in against the correct meter number. Here is some info on entering your own meter read

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Lauren!

Thanks for looking into my issue.

I can't see any simple way to attach a screenshot to this message, so I've uploaded a screenshot to OneDrive:

http://1drv.ms/1Wfdcxc

I've smudged out the meter identifiers ... they're both the same identifier in this screenshot.  Let me know if you need the actual identifiers.

Thanks again,

Tony

Highlighted

Alumni

We've done some digging and tripled checked our info for you @TonyH, and we've discovered the 001 and 002 registers correspond to the Peak reading and the Solar reading - as you suspected. 

If you enter Register 001 and 002 as per your meter and then hit the [Validate] button, AGL Energy Online will check the data you've entered and if it isn't correct, you'll receive an error message and you'll be able to swap the numbers around. 

Hope that all makes sense! Let us know if you need further info. 

Cheers, 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Thanks Lauren!

I'll give it a shot later this morning 🙂