Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Meter reading and reading on the bill do not match?

ask
Semiconductor

There are two gas meters in my apartment, sine nobody came to read the meters, every month, I just got the estimate reading bill. I know they will come to read the meter every 3 months, but never show up.

Few days ago, I just took the photos of those meters and sent them to agl, in the latest bill, I finally can see the "customer read number", but the reading number is not the number actually on the meter.

What I can see on the meter ER020** is 481, but in the bill is 3938.9. Another meter ML0186**, I don't know why the reading is 8320 in the bill.

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: The gas meter numbers are very different between the bill and actual reading, not even close.

Alumni

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting. We'll need you account details to look into this one for you. Leave your details here: http://bit.ly/AGLsupport and we'll be in touch shortly. 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

Re: The gas meter numbers are very different between the bill and actual reading, not even close.

ask
Semiconductor

already submitted the form.

Highlighted

ask
Semiconductor
I received the new gas bills today, but the number is still not correct.

I don't know how agl suddenly get the actual reading number of last 3 months, I know there is smart meter can do the remote reading, but the meter in my apartment seems not like that, and nobody comes to knock my door and see the meters.

I don't know how a such easy thing like meter reading can go wrong like this.  Really feel disappointed about it.
Highlighted

Alumni

@ask wrote:
I received the new gas bills today, but the number is still not correct.

I don't know how agl suddenly get the actual reading number of last 3 months, I know there is smart meter can do the remote reading, but the meter in my apartment seems not like that, and nobody comes to knock my door and see the meters.

I don't know how a such easy thing like meter reading can go wrong like this.  Really feel disappointed about it.

@ask

Sorry to hear you believe your bills are still incorrect. This may be because we need you to submit your own meter read - but we'll get the team in touch with you again to sort everything out. 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

RG
Switched-on

Did you have your problem solved? I'm having exactly the same issue for a long time. AGL seems to be deliberately stalling to get me too tired to call them and ultimately paythe bill. I've requested a special meter reading which was performed by the techinician on the incorrect meter. It was performed on the meter that has the reading correct on the bill rather them the one that has a value on the bill that doesn't reflect the actual value on the meter. In addition to the number of readings I did for them over the phone, the pictures I sent them showing the value on the meter the bill is over 3 times higher than any bill for the past year. It's common sense that something is wrong. AGL couldn't possibly go any more wrong about it. 

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @RG, we're very sorry to hear of the meter read issues, that certainly does sound frustrating. We'd like a chance to investigate why these discrepencies are occurring - shoot us a PM here with your account and contact details and we will take a further look into this for you.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!
Highlighted

Re: Meter reading and reading on the bill do not match?

Switched-on
Same problem for me too. In my case Jemina sent a technician to replace the meter on 1 March, I took a pic of the read on the meter when it was removed and he wrote down the same meter reading on the form he has to complete for Jemina. I doublechecked that we both agreed on the final meter reading when the meter was removed. Despite all of this the below received including the final meter read for that meter was much higher than we both recorded, furthermore the meter read on my bill was listed as an actual meter read. I have queried this twice with AGL, in the first case they reissued the bill with a different Actual but still incorrect meter reading. Waiting to see what happens next. I don't understand where they get the readings from, in my case they actually have the meter now, so the actual reading is whatever is on the meter.
Highlighted

Re: Meter reading and reading on the bill do not match?

Conductor

Hi!

Just wondering if your issues are solved? The same thing has been happening to me too. They told me to send an email and I did, but from my previous experience no one ever replies to my emails and they insisted that they did not receive any. In the latest gas bill the reading is 20914.22, but on my meter is 7617.27 (taken on 19/06). This is so frustrating..

20160619122337.jpg

0619.jpg