Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Major Bill Discrepancy

Switched-on

So i received my bill the other day for the Nov-Feb period. My account up till then was in about $500 credit. It shows that i owe $271 by beginning of April. Considering i just swapped to a solar plan and the 21c fit and the AGL app showing i had a very low bill i was wondering why i would be owing over $1,100 for the quarter.

Reviewing the bill i can see that there is a 7 day "Estimated" period and a 85 period of smart meter reads.

So my smart meter read shows that i used a total of 1,036kWh of electricity, that's pretty good. Even better i managed to feed in 1,229kWh of electricity from solar. So then i read the "Estimated" charges, these are for a 7 DAY PERIOD from the 21/11/2019 through to the 27/11/2019.

Total kWh used for 7 days was 3,310kWh, that's right AGL has estimated that i used 472kWh of electricity a DAY. Fortunately for me i also have a home efergy system attached that is pretty close to my AGL consumption. It reports that my TOTAL kWh usage for the 7 days was around 187kWh for the 7 days.

I have requested a review and was told it was correct due to smart meter, i had a second review organised to review just the 7 days. Can't get a hold of anyone on chat or phone, called today and the phone number will not answer. I have lodge a complaint the the energy ombudsmen and awaiting a call back. I've been a AGL customer for a long while but never have i seen such a poor way to rip off a customer.

Disgusted.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Major Bill Discrepancy

Switched-on

For anyone at AGL that wants to check up i have an investigation going for the 7 day usage, ref is 1675605236.