Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Just got solar panels but not through AGL

Switched-on

Have just recieved a letter saying oops sorry your meter has been changed and now you will have a bigger bill from us.This happened just as I informed AGL that I now have solar panels not installed by them and would like to have the feed in tariff .Cannot see this electricity plan on any sites and it starts as,First 4000kwh -27.104-gst included.On Energy price sheet first 1000kw at 27.104gst included,then lower for the next 750kw. Please explain how I got a letter that said they have adjusted my plan and I can't even see this on the AGL site. Was on the plan of fist 438kw then 329kw the 215kw all going down. Totally confused and feeling very ripped off. No one can fully explain ??

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Just got solar panels but not through AGL

Powerhouse

When you go to AGL's website it defaults to NSW but allows you to change to your own state, here.....https://www.agl.com.au/residential/energy-plans/electricity-and-gas-plans from there you can choose Electricity and gas or just one of those, look out for the one that is solar based.

Did you really receive some sort of correspondence from AGL that stated: Have just received a letter saying oops sorry your meter has been changed and now you will have a bigger bill from us, those exact words???

You also don't mention which state you’re from, that also helps the AGL staff. When one of them spots this post I'm sure they will ask you to PM private message them with information like your account number, address etc. when you respond to them they will be in a position to assist you further, don't publicly broadcast your private information, wait for them to direct you to the link for a PM.

When you go to solar your automatically on a different plan, regardless of where your panels etc. are supplied from, I suppose because they give you back a feed in tariff which they are obliged to do so they (AGL) offer a different tariff plan to that of non-solar customers.

I'm just like you, a customer of AGL's so I'm not in a position to delve in depth to your circumstances but I'm sure AGL will answer all your queries, I can say when I went for solar and like you it was not through Solar, I did contact AGL prior to to see what the deal was, cost wise etc. I have been on Solar now for a while and the savings I get using the aircon more during the day as well as charging my electric car far outweigh the feed in tariff I get back, I also make sure I use as much as I can which is free rather than my 6.8C exclusive of GST FIT, there is no GST on FIT.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @chercher. Thank you for your enquiry about your AGL electricity plan and solar rebate. If you would like to send us private message with your account details, I would be happy to help you out. Thanks Catherine

Highlighted

Switched-on

Sorry if I sounded rude with message I was just shocked that that could happen without thinking this doesn't sound right. It wasn't oops your meter had been changed, it was the reason for this error is because your neter has recently been changed and We're sorry the information provided to you was incorrect. It certainly had the usage change so that the first 4000kwh would be at the higher rate, when previously it was the first 975kwh at high the next 732 a bit lower and so on. My knee jerk reaction was that I could not get information from the site about this. On energy Price fact sheet starts at 1000kwh then 750kwh then remaining??

Highlighted

Powerhouse

As Catherine is on your case I can leave you in her capable hands, in case your unaware, when any retailer talks about the first and subsequent kwh, it's actually broken down and billed out on a daily basis, hope this bit of info helps, it caught me out quite a while ago till I asked for clarification. It does not mean anything financially whether it’s broken down to daily or not, billing wise, just annoying that some retailers give you a daily figure, others do it differently.

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @chercher. Thanks for the reply. However to really help you out in regards to how the billing is calculated, it would be great if you could send a private message with your account details. 

Thanks, 

Catherine 

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Hi Catherine,

It would be helpful, like I suggested in a previous post some time ago, to send a link to any recipient to make it easy for them to PM you, just my thoughts!!

Rob