Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Insane estimated bills

Switched-on

For some reason, I always get estimated bills, very badly estimated bills! I always have to ring and give the actual readings over the phone, I was on hold for 35 minutes and eventually my phone went flat tonight before I could speak to someone, I submitted the meter read via the app and it’s estimating my bill at 1500!! Something is clearly wrong on the back end somewhere, I even have photos of the meter readings three months ago and tonight! Is there someone who is able to actually check this out for me without me being on hold forever?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Insane estimated bills

Switched-on

I have the same issue. Approx $20 per month for gas, the an estimated reading with a $200 bill for the month. When I call AGL they blame Jemena (the company that does the readings) and also say it is my fault for choosing monthly billing.

I wonder how many other customers have this issue?

There are numerous posts on here about this issue. Perhaps this is a good story for a Today Tonight or A Current Affair?

Here is a link for making a complaint to the Australian Engery Regulator. If AGL does want to resolve this issue perhaps the regulator can "assist" them with caring anout the issue.

https://www.aer.gov.au/consumers/making-a-complaint

Highlighted

Re: Insane estimated bills

AGL Moderator

Good morning RuthJones and Paul2046,

Thank you getting in touch regarding estimated bills!

At AGL, we're absolutely committed to ensuring our customers are billed both accurately and fairly. Unfortunately, there are sometimes scenarios outside of our control that mean accurate meter readings are not available. However, we have employed a number of billing initiatives over the past six months to help ease the pain that these incidents can cause.

So that we can have a look at this for you, you'll need to contact our web chat team directly at aglener.gy/ChatCom with an up to date meter reading, and we'll be more than happy to help where we can!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.