Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Re: Incorrect gas bill (hot water again)

Conductor

Hi guys,

I just got confirmation from Jemena that my meter shows qubic meters. They have also sent me the specification sheet http://wwwfr.elstermetering.be/downloads/ELS6856_E_MARLY2_v4.pdf which confirms it.

I don't know who of you guys (AGL or Jemena) messed up with the readings. I really want you to fix my bill ASAP.

I sent you the pictures of my meter a few times from which you can figure out the readings.

Thank you,

Vladimir

Highlighted

Conductor

by the way,

AGL,

this page https://community.agl.com.au/t5/Knowledge-Base/Centralised-hot-water-billing/ta-p/305 has wrong information.

Particulary this:

If you live in NSW, you may notice that your consumption has been multiplied by 10, as well as the common factor - this is because the hot water meter measures your usage in deciliters (a metric unit of capacity equal to one tenth of a litre).

So in order to calculate your bill, we multiply your individual usage by 10 to determine your usage in litres, ...

if you want to convert deciliters to liters you should devide by 10 (not multiply by 10).

Example: 25 liters = 250 deciliters, which means what if you have reading of 250 deciliters you have to devide it by 10 to get 25 liters.

What you really want to say on your help page is:

If you live in NSW, you may notice that your consumption has been multiplied by 10, as well as the common factor - this is because the hot water meter measures your usage in decaliters (a metric unit of capacity equal to ten liters).

So in order to calculate your bill, we multiply your individual usage by 10 to determine your usage in litres, ...

Then if you get the reading of 345 decaliters, you can converse it to liters by multiplying by 10 and you get 3450 liters. Which is what you are doing in reality.

That would be really great if you fix that help page right after you fix my bill.

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Vladimir. Thank you for the updated information, we will review this and update accordingly. In regards to your account, this is still being investigated and AGL will provide you with an update as soon as we hear back from Jemena. 

If you have any concerns about this, please send me a private message

Thanks,

Catherine 

Highlighted

Conductor

Thank you for your message,

While AGL investigates would you please stop sending me reminders about the uppaid bill?

I have been promissed that the gas bill would be locked but AGL keeps billing me.

Thank you

Vladimir

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Vladimir. Your account has been updated. 

Thanks, 

Catherine 

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @JanC. I was just wondering if you still wanted AGL to look into your gas account further. If you would like us to do this, please send myself a private message with your account details. 

Thanks,

Catherine 

Highlighted

Conductor

Hi guys!

After more than 6 months the issue is still there.

AGL never fixed it.

I have already moved out from the appartment and on the last day I took pictures of all meters.

A while ago after that AGL again sent me a bill with some ridiculous reading for gas. The reading was not even close to what I have on pictures. I again complained about that. They promised to deal with that but it looks like they just forgot about that.

I tried to contact Jemena about my readings. I have it in writting from them that the meter shows wrong readings. They sent a technicial couple of times but I don't know if technician did anything.

Now both AGL and Jemena do not comment anything.

It tried to speak to moderators of this forum but it didn't really help.

After hours on phone, writting e-mails and private messages on this "support" forum what I have now is a rediculous bill with wrong readings and threatening e-mail from AGL.

Would please AGL support people reply HERE in this topic. Please don't send me any private messages, they don't help.

I have pictures of my hot water meter taken at the end of my contract and some time in the beginning. I have sent you those pictures a few times.  

Any comments from AGL????

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Vladimir

As you vacated the address prior to the investigation being completed, we made the decision to manually adjust your account. This was so that you could move out of the address and AGL could continue their investigation with Jemena independently. 

The issue still outstanding is that AGL has it recorded that there is 7 dial hot water meter present at the address, however the meter installed has only 6 dials. Jemena is still in the process of investigating and providing the correct information to AGL. 

Until AGL is provided corrected reads and information from Jemena, we cannot issue any kind of invoice based on actual readings. If you do not agree with the manually adjusted bill, please feel free to private message me to discuss the billing further. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Conductor
​Why just not stop billing me until you resolve your issue with your contractor Jemena? I, as your customer, have right to receive the correct bill which I am happy to pay. I am not happy with you sending me threatening e-mails and telling me that you are about to send my details to debt collection agencies and spoil my credit history. I request you to stop billing me for gas for my previous address until the issue with your contractor is resolved. You cannot just make me pay for mistakes and disorder in your work. I request your immediate action. Vladimir
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Vladimir

Thanks for your response. 

As per your request, I will place a further hold on your account until 01/04/2017. I will provide any further updates via private message. 

Thanks