Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Incorrect amount on gas and electricity bills

Switched-on

I have organised to have my bills paid directly through BPay View, to my shock the bill included the previous amount to be paid again even though I had already paid on time.

Upon calling the call centre for AGL I was advised of the correct amount to pay and the person said it was some billing error. I requested for a amended bill with the correct amount to be sent and it is yet to be rectified.

Is anyone experiencing the billing errors for this month?

Cheers

Antony

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Incorrect amount on gas and electricity bills

AGL Moderator

Hey AntonySB,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like we may be facing the possibility here that your previous monthly bill was paid around the same time that your latest monthly bill was generated. If this is the case, the previous bill may not have been flagged as 'paid', resulting the amount being carried forward on your latest bill! However, it's great to hear that our billing team were able to take care of things for you!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Hi Jayden, unfortunately this is not true "it's great to hear that our billing team were able to take care of things for you!"

I received another bill today through my BPay View with a different amount and with a different due date. It is getting extremely confusing. I logged in to AGL portal and notice that the amount advised by the helpdesk people had changed (lucky for me I have screenshots to prove the changes) and a new bill issued with different amount and different due date.

Not impressed.

Regards

Antony

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Antony!

I'm sorry to hear that we sill haven't got this one quite right. If you can send a private message (click on my username and click 'message') including your AGL account number and email address, we'll look into things and get back to you!

Cheers,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Yep I have the same. My bill they are asking for this period is the same one I paid 3 months ago. Not sure what is going on and can't see. To get in contact with someone about it. 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Mikemma! 

Welcome to the AGL Community! 

We won't be able to check this for you over AGL Community, please Contact Us and we'll check your billing details. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam-