Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Re: Incorrect Meter reads

AGL Moderator

Hi Law89,

Sorry you have had this issue with your account.

This matter has been flagged with our billing team to have the account adjusted to the correct meter readings.

Kind Regards,

Steven

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hey law,

The issue was never resolved and i kept receiving the high bills every month. I got the final bill resolved but wasnt willing to trust in AGL again to bill me correctly so i had to change providers. Such a shame because i really had trust in AGL until this issue. With the new provider ive had no issues with getting correct meter reads and billing. 

Highlighted

Switched-on

Incorrect meter read once in blue moon? Well for sure AGL's blue moon comes too often. I was sent $756 bill although I live by myself. Got it corrected. But again happened next bill cycle and the next bill cycle too. 
Excuse was incorrect meter reading taken but reading was out by freaking over 400 units. 

Question to AGL is how the hell are you guys training your people and are you paying them well enough to do there job properly??

It's become part of my life to receive wrong bill and then get it corrected.

Can I put that in my resume as my skill??

Highlighted

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Singh , your meter is read by your local energy distributor, not by AGL, and they send the reading to us.

Are the bills you are referring to estimated bills, or actual reads? If we are repeatedly receiving actual reads that are incorrect, this definitely needs to be investigated.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi 

Do I pay my bill to local energy distributer? 

Any fault will billing AGL has to count for it.

I had 3 wrong bills of which 2 were actual reading and 1 estimated. 

If a consumer had to correct bill almost everytime maybe get rid of meter reading people. 

AGL Moderator

I appreciate your frustration regarding this Singh, unfortunately we can't replace the distributor. So we can assist further and provide the relevant feedback please get in touch with the resolutions team via messenger in My Account.

Highlighted

Switched-on

Bit of a while between posts. I’ve left the discrepancy with the resolution team at the moment. Our recent bill is $2194, saying that our controlled load usage was 9801kwh. I’ve looked through our last two years of bills and found the first time the meter was misread. The misreads have been constant since 2018. Were you able to sort it all out?