Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

I can't create a password to my online account!

Switched-on

Complaint in reference to 1446385470

It's been 3 weeks now and I still can't set up a password.

Do I need to wait for another few months just to setup a password?! This is not rocket science... 

I need this escalated and resolved immediately! 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: I can't create a password to my online account!

AGL Moderator

Hi @one5tar,

Thank you for your post, and sincere apologies for the ongoing trouble you have had. 

We are aware of this issue that you're having with your online account. Recently, we upgraded our 'My Account' login process, to make it easier for our customers. We did not expect that there would be such a problem coming from this release, despite anticipated troubles. Unfortunately, you are not the only customer affected by this change. We are working as hard as we can, to get this matter rectified for you. 

I will continue to update you on this process, as more information comes through. Thank you for your patience throughout this time, and please reach out if you have any questions in the meantime.

For your information, I have removed the link to your complaint file from this post, due to the sensitive nature of the contents. I have kept this on record, and will continue to assist you until the matter is resolved.

Sincerely, 

Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Charged Up

You'll get a succession of messages telling you "they're looking into it", "the IT guys are working on it" but in reality nothing will happen because fairly obviously they've put a system out to the public that wasn't beta tested and wasn't ready to be commissioned.

Highlighted

Switched-on

Yup. It took 3 weeks, over 12 hours talking to different agents through AGL website, Facebook, Community page just to create a password and now nothing works in the manage account page. Every time I click on Manage Account > Contact details, etc the links don't work. 

Throws error "We're working hard to build the new My Account. The page isn't quite ready..."

I don't care about the new account... what good is it if current system don't work?! Worse experience ever. Wonder how many more weeks/months will this take to fix?!

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @one5tar and @Talan2,

Thank you both for the help last week in your email communication. We have had a few ideas on temporary workarounds to fix this issue permanently, and your assistance has played a vital role in testing them. 

It is great to realise that the matter has been resolved for both of you, concerning the application of a personal password for your accounts (see here). However, there is still an ongoing error concerning the options available under the 'MANAGE ACCOUNT' page. Specifically, concerning the Contact details, Authorised person, and Concessions options seen here: Manage AccountManage AccountThis error is not present for all customers when logging in, but we realise that this poses a great amount of inconvenience for those who it is adversely affecting.

We will continue to work to resolve this problem, with urgency. I will be in contact directly, after hearing any updates. Please reach out here if you have any questions in the meantime, and thank you again for your ongoing patience. 

Sincerely, 

Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.