Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

How to submit your own meter read

Visitor

I signed up with AGL to enter my own Gas meter readings on a monthly basis but I cannot find a link on the web site to enter the reading. Could someone direct me to the correct page please.

18 REPLIES

How to submit your own meter read

Alumni

Hi there, 

This is a great question - we're sure other customers will benefit from this information too! Gas customers and customers with basic electricity meters can enter their own meter readings to help us build a better picture of their energy usage. Valid meter reads submitted by customers are taken into account during our estimation process so that we can provide more accurate My AGL Monthly Bills on the occasions when an actual meter read is not available.

Firstly, to enter your own meter reads, check that you have met these requirements: 

• Register with My Account
  • Set up with Monthly Billing
  • Have a gas or basic electricity meter

If you've checked yes to all of the above, submitting your own meter read is simple. 

Step 1

Login or Register for My Account

Step 2

Select 'Billing'

Step 3

Select 'My Meter Read'

Step 4 

Select the account you wish to enter the read for

Step 5

Enter the read in the space provided, remembering to check that the meter number matches the details for the read you're entering

And submit!

Don't forget, you can enter a maximum of one read per day per register. 

We hope this has been helpful. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Re: How to submit your own meter read

Newcomer
Hi I have changed to monthly billing and need to submit my meter reading, however the past two days when I select my meter read I then get the following error message "We’re sorry, there’s been an error with your request. Please try again or call us 24/7 on 1800 813 028." Can you advise if there is an issue with the service?

Alumni

Donna wrote:
Hi I have changed to monthly billing and need to submit my meter reading, however the past two days when I select my meter read I then get the following error message "We’re sorry, there’s been an error with your request. Please try again or call us 24/7 on 1800 813 028." Can you advise if there is an issue with the service?

@Donna

Hi Donna, 

We're aware of some issues affecting customers trying to enter their own meter reads, however I have spoken to the tech team, and these issues will be fixed by tomorrow. In the meantime, you can give us a call on 131 245 (we're here 24/7) and we can submit it for you. 

Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties. 

Lauren 

Newcomer
Hi I have attempted to submit my own meter read for the first time, as last month there were issues with this function. I have solar and have two readings to submit, a negative (-) and positive (+) figure. There are two fields with my meter number online, a 001 and a 002 can you advise does it matter which figure (- or +) goes into which field (001 or 002). Regards Donna

Alumni

Hi Donna, 

You aren't able to provide a reading for the solar generated by your system - only the electricity you use from the grid. Info on reading your own meter can be found here.

Hope that helps - but let us know if you have further questions, or give us a ring anytime on 131 245. 

Lauren 

Visitor
Hi, I have been told by someone in your call centre that I can submit my monthly gas meter reading through the app. But I can't seem to find the right place to input this info. It's an android phone. Can you please advise? Thanks

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @Lucy, unfortunately this is not something that you're able to do through the app. For now, the easiest method to enter your own reads is by following the above directions.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

submit gas meter reading

Visitor

Re: submit gas meter reading

AGL Moderator

Hey eleanor,

Thanks for your post!

Is there anything that we can help with at the moment?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.