Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Re: submit gas meter reading

Switched-on

Hi,

i had an SMS saying:

Reminder your AGL gas account is due to be billed. Provide your meter reading at www.agl.com.au/meters by 18/03/2018. To opt out, go to www.agl.com.au/ssmroptout

I haven’t received one before and don’t remember signing up for it, is this legitimate? Says it’s from AGLEnergy. Thanks 

Re: submit gas meter reading

AGL Moderator

Hey Mandy6934,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

The message you've received is definitely legitimate! We have begun sending these SMS' to encourage our customers to provide their own meter readings before their bill is generated as this can help to improve their accuracy, and also helps to mitigate issues caused by estimated bills.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: How to submit your own meter read

Switched-on

There is no tag that says 'meter read'?

Switched-on

@NOB789 wrote:

I signed up with AGL to enter my own Gas meter readings on a monthly basis but I cannot find a link on the web site to enter the reading. Could someone direct me to the correct page please.

Switched-on

@NOB789 wrote:

I signed up with AGL to enter my own Gas meter readings on a monthly basis but I cannot find a link on the web site to enter the reading. Could someone direct me to the correct page please.

Switched-on

Good morning Since I registered for on line and login in on a user account I have had noting but trouble 

trying to log into my account as my email address has been rejected as with my mobile phone number the responce ,address is invalid or your mobile number is  also Invalid

@NOB789 wrote:

Switched-on

I find it completely confusing and am unable to submit my meter reading ,surely it can be made

easier for people who only use a computer now and then.

Switched-on

Hi,

Our account is:  9707xxxx

The Gas meter reading is:  02283/023

As this web-site allows me only to do the electricity NOT gas.

AGL Moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your comment!

Unfortauntly we're unable to take meter readings through the AGL Community. If you're having issues with our online services, we encourage you to get in touch with our web chat team here to have these problems resolved. Alternatively, you can always reach out to us on 131 245!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

B2D844C8-D43E-4ADE-B209-27029DB5B14A.jpeg