Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

How to read meter

Switched-on

hi,

i need assistance in regards to how to enter a meter read for the meter below.  i press the display button and it cycles through numerous readings - i just dont know which section to source the two required readings from.  any advice would be good.  The meter is a NILSEN EMS 2100 Analyser.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to read meter

AGL Moderator

Hi @kujo

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the delayed response!

Confirming a meter read can sometimes be complicated - especially depending on your meter. With your Nilsen EMS 2100 Analyser, you will get a number of numbers showing up when you press the display number. In order, they should be presented as: total usage, peak usage, off-peak usage and off-peak hot water. When logged into your AGL account online, you should be prompted for the second and fourth options - peak usage, and off-peak hot water (controlled load), respectively. 

To give you an extra hand, the peak usage read should show as close to, or above, 9975. The off-peak hot water (controlled load) should show as close to, or above, 82820. These numbers were used as the estimate for your last bill, and hopefully they lend a hand. 

If you're continuing to have any difficulty with this, our Digital Metering Team would be happy to help. You can ring them on 1300 669 245. 

I hope this answers your question, and please let us know if there is anything else we can lend a hand with.

Kindly, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.