Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

How can I activate my Off Peak boost during day time?

Superconductor

On my previous meter (digital meter) I was allowed 2 hours Off Peak boost at any time during the day. Within  the 2 hour time period I could switch on and off and use the boost as required. I now have the new digital meter with data transmission.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: How can I activate my Off Peak boost during day time?

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @quarkpower, welcome to the Community!

It seems as though you may be referring to a hot water boost on your supply. Normally your hot water system is heated over night on off-peak rates - the boost works by allowing you to heat this during the day at peak rates. The new digital meter should still give you the ability to boost your hot water during peak times.

We'd be more than happy to clarify this further with you if you wish. Shoot me a PM here with your details and we'll follow up with you to discuss further.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Superconductor

I did shoot you a PM .... Smiley Wink

Semiconductor

I'm in the same boat. My old digital display meter used to have a boost button to allow peak heating of my electric hot water, but the new digital meter does not have this feature.

Now with the colder weather, the off-peak window of time to supply the hot water system is not long enough, especially with much colder incoming mains water, to have a full cylinder of hot water each day.

What can be done to have the 'boost' function restored and/or added to the new meter? SA Power networks informed me that the supplier (AGL) can add this feature to the new meters (upon request).

AGL Moderator

Hi @MIchael

We should be able to raise a service order to have your meter configured so that your hot water is running longer. Get in touch with us via private message with some account information and we'll get it started.

Semiconductor

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the response. It's not so much about having the heating time lengthened by deafult (because this will heat during peak power times), it's the functionality to trigger heating when needed. This is not needed all the time, but it is needed (say when guests stay over and there's a need to have 4-5 showers).

The old meter had this functionality, so I expect and require the new one to have it too.

AGL Moderator

@MIchael

Thanks Michael. Once we make the adjustment through the service order, it will present a green button at the front of the meter, where to activate the function you're describing, will require you to press and hold it down for around 5 seconds.

Once I receive a message from you with some account information, we'll send the request through.

Semiconductor

Thanks. How do I reply the message privately?

Don't really fancy putting my account/home details in the public forum

AGL Moderator

@MIchael

If you click on my name on the left handside, it will take you to another page where it has a 'Contact Me' section, from there select 'Send this user a private message'. 

Switched-on

Can I do the same for my meter in QLD? I have a active stream meter as well