Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Re: Hot Water Gas Meter ITRON UltraMaXX HW recording higher usage

Semiconductor

thanks Nam - I have been in contact with your team, and they have unfortunately not been able to help.  I am being lead to believe that I consume 177MJ of gas a day - for a 2 br apartment with only gas hot water and cooktop, that is monumental.  It seems many others have the same issue, but no one is able to explain how this could happen, and what could cause it.

Highlighted

Re: Hot Water Gas Meter ITRON UltraMaXX HW recording higher usage

Semiconductor

Hi All,

I am having exactly same issue and sort of figured out the reading issue that AGL has for Cyclonic Meter Read VS Digital Meter Read.

I strongly believe that Digital Meter read should be read as it is shown in the meter https://www.agl.com.au/help/meters-connections/how-to-read-your-gas-electricity-meter

This should be read 15.59 so the reading is consistent with the cyclonic dial.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the decimal read

-The cyclonic dial has 4 digits after (wxyz)

-whereas the Digital Meter only has 3 digits (xyz)

When 10 litre hot water is used - the cyclonic dial x turned into 100 however  the digital meter y turned into 10!!

After much research, i figured that's how the Itron UltraMaxx users are scammed by AGL.. 10x the Bill..