Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Higher than expected electricity bill - problem

Amy
Switched-on

Hi,
We didn't use much electricity but the bill comes hugely,so I'd like to know what my meter reading is for electricity kilowatts.
Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bill problem

Powerhouse

Morning Amy, 

You will need to private message one of the moderators with your account details so they can better serve you, I would think they would want to know your account number at least, don't publish here in this part of the forum as it's not private. Are you in a flat or apartment were you can't get access to your meter?

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Amy
Switched-on

HI Rob,

Thanks for reply

I live in flat so I can't access my meter box,

how can I give my information ?

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Hmm, best I leave this to AGL, they may have some ideas but for me, I would try for access through the body corporate or whoever, good luck!!

Rob 

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Alumni

Hey @Amy, thanks for your question. I'll do my best to provide the right information based on the information we have so far.

Assuming you have a manually read meter (not a smart meter), which is likely the case for you, your meter reads are carried out manually every 3 months. If you are on quarterly billing, there's a very good chance that your meter read was indeed an actual read and lines up with the bill. You can tell if your meter read was estimated or based on an actual read from your account statement.On the second page the read information is laid out near the top - see the below image for some guidance:

billread.png 

If your meter read was estimated you could compare it up against your meter to understand whether there is a variance. If there is a variance, it would explain the higher than expected bill. To view your meter when living in an apartment, you may need to speak to your building management to gain access.

Hope this helps - let us know if you have further queries!

Before posting, make sure you are familiar with our community guidelines.

And be sure to give a like when you see a helpful post from a user!