Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Gas hot water meter seems running fast

Switched-on

Hi everyone,

I am new to this community.

I am living in an apartment for nearly 1.5 years and been using AGL for electricity and gas (only for hot water). I am quite concerned about the recent gas bill I have received from AGL where there is such a high rise which is unbelievable ($221 for 58 days) considering I have been living here by my self and work full time Monday to Friday. I use hot water only for shower and use cold water for washing on weekends.

I have attached a screenshot of my previous gas bills as to show the amount of gas bills I have been getting. When I contacted AGL to clarify about this the answer I got was my previous gas bill was estimated and this one is actual. But still I am not really convinced as I know the amount of hot water I use and pretty sure it's definitely not this high. 

According to the bill the last meter reading was taken on 9/08 - end reading 71410 units & when I checked on 13/08 end reading 71459 units. Based on my observation, I used 49 units in less than 4 days which means 12 units per day and I will use 720 units in 2 months. 

Anyone had the same experience? How can I sort this out. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. Gas bill.jpg

Tags (1)