Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Gas connection - no timelines provided

Semiconductor

Hi,

I am building an "off the plan" home and the builder has advised that the gas connection is yet to be installed. On checking with AGL, they advised us to send the picture of the clear site for them to proceed with the installation, but they are unable to cimmit any timelines as tyo how soon they can get the installation out of the way. THe builder confirms that just 3 out of 10 houses have got a gas conncetion installed so far and this makes me worried about the potential delays in the handover. My house is about 70% cpmpleted, and has already been marred by multiple delays in the past. I cannot even mention the kind of frustrations that I have gone through and this now appears to be another road block. Can someone please look into the matter and provide me a realistic timelines around the completion of this installation? Is there a standard SLA given you are a service provider?

I would really appreciate if I could setup some expectations here, I cannot afford any more delays given that I am already running 6 months behind. Not blaming AGL for the delay, but looking for assistance so that there are no further delays.

Any help/assistance would truly be appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Gas connection - no timelines provided

AGL Moderator

Hi @pbhdwj

Thanks for getting in touch.

There are certain timeframes that we stick to when we get the all clear that the premises is clear for the distributor to head out and install the meter. If you could send me a private message with some information such as AGL account number, address etc, I can have a chat with our new connections team and see if there's any clarity as to when we can expect the installation to go ahead.

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Thanks for the prompt response Nathan. Have PMed you the requested details. Shall look forward to your response.

@NathanB wrote:

Hi @pbhdwj

Thanks for getting in touch.

There are certain timeframes that we stick to when we get the all clear that the premises is clear for the distributor to head out and install the meter. If you could send me a private message with some information such as AGL account number, address etc, I can have a chat with our new connections team and see if there's any clarity as to when we can expect the installation to go ahead.

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Nathan,

Any word on this from your team?

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @pbhdwj

Have sent you a message, thanks!

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Nathan,

Sorry to bother you again, but just wondering if there has been any further movement on this since your last message?

Thanks.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @pbhdwj

I'll have a look at the latest update and get back to you via private message. Thanks!