Gas bill too high

Swarup
Semiconductor
5 Replies 34913 Views

Hi,

Bill Period : 12 Dec 2019 to 10 Mar 2020

We are a family of four ( 2 parent, 2 kids (5y, 1y) ). We use gas for cooking, we do not use it for any other purposes like heating water. Recent gas bill of $278.33 for the period mentioned above is too high considering our cooking was normal in this period. This amount is more than twice the bills received in past($110.39, $136.77, $108.06, $114.87, $133.71).

Other reasons why bill amount and meter reading do not make sense are :

- We were abroad between 23-Dec to 07-Jan. So there was 0 gas consumption during this period. But the Average daily cost and usage for 3 months Jan, Feb and Mar is same for all these three months - $3.09.- The Supply address is incorrect in the bill under section " Your gas supply details."

This same address is mentioned at the top of the bill.

May I request AGL to review the bill and share the corrected bill.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
-Nam-
AGL Moderator
4 Replies 31301 Views

Hi Swarup! 

Welcome to AGL Community!

We'll certainly need to do a few checks with you, we'll firstly need to check your meter number and meter reading. You can locate more information here on how to this. You can also update your current meter readings on your AGL My Account here and we'll check to see if the network has provided a correct meter reading. 

If your supply address is listed incorrectly, we'll need to check the national database to see how it's currently listed as we need to have this matching on our system. If we need to update it for you then we'll need a copy of your rates notice or lease agreement. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam-

Swarup
Semiconductor
1 Reply 31290 Views

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I have taken the current meter readings from my house. But in my AGL online account the address shown is incorrect(706, 3 Washing..). Updating meter readings against this address might not be correct. Nevertheless below I have attached the pictures of the two meters for your reference. Also attaching the screen shot of bill showing contradicting addresses(both correct and incorrect address in same bill)

Please note, I have been receiving bills for more than two years. The supply address in all the past bills has been correct(706, 7 Washing..). Only in the latest bill it has changed to "706, 3 Washing..". I have not initiated any change of address. Please check if there were any unintended updates to my account.

Thanks

Swarup

HO MeterHO MeterQR MeterQR Meter.

Swarup
Semiconductor
1 Reply 30752 Views

Hi,

Gentle reminder!

Have provided the pictures of meter readings and reported an address discrepancy in the bill.

Kindly review the bill and revert.

Thanks

Swarup

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 30731 Views

Hi Swarup,

Sorry for the confusion here: Although we definitely try to resolve any questions we can through the community here, it's not the best place for addressing account-specific issues like yours. Take another look at the info that @-Nam- included in his response to you about how to submit meter readings, and then follow up by contacting us by phone or chat, or log in to your account and click "Send a Message". Rest assured that any discrepancy in the bill can easily be addressed, but we can't go through the process here because you'll need to share personal information about your account and this is a public discussion forum. Please let us know how you go with Nam's instructions.

Majur
Switched-on
1 Reply 29435 Views

5121E7A4-978F-4AF7-B7C5-8275E05FDA38.jpeg

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 29428 Views

Hi @Majur , what can we help you with here?

AGL-Customer
Conductor
2 Replies 27032 Views

@Swarup how did you go with the exorbitant price charged by the AGL?

I also got stung hard with this very high Gas bill. As I am also got charged for 20 times 5 people household where in fact I am just living with my wife and a newborn in a small older 2 bedrooms apartment.

38,905MJ for 31 days of gas!

Please share some escalation procedure here.

Saffi
Switched-on
0 Replies 26990 Views

Hello, 

yes we have had the same issue our gas bill is saying we use more than 5 people household it’s just me my husband and 9 month old baby, we have only used gas for cooking and water don’t know why it’s so high. Will have to call them and discuss as doesn’t feel right. 

Swarup
Semiconductor
2 Replies 26948 Views

Hi,

The response I got is that "the meter was faulty". I have not seen this meter, it is not inside my unit. 

Post this, I received a couple of confusing correction bills. It does not explain since when it was faulty. 

I had cautioned them the supply address in my bill is incorrect since the month I received high bills. They never bothered to check why and by who the supply address for my account was changed. They dump all responsibility on customers from providing (correct) meter readings to verifying the supply address is correct.

At the end of it, I paid over $1400, while my monthly bills in the past were around $110.  The recent bill is $217. I will get back to them with another complaint. Will ask them to review all my past bills.