Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Gas bill paid twice

Newcomer

I called customer care on Monday and spoke to someone called Phea.

I explained that we had credit in our electricity account and would have difficulties paying the gas account on 31st October by direct debit so she transferred $368.52 from our electricity account where we had credit to pay our gas bill. She said they would take that amount and not direct debit this month only. 

I checked the account and the credit had been transferred to our gas account. However TODAY you debited my husband’s account of $368.52 again. Even after I said we couldn’t afford it this month. I want that money immediately returned to his account. We have another urgent bill to pay and now do not have the money. Why can’t you listen to your customers. I foolishly gave you a 10 out of 10 for your service. Now I can’t see the money she transferred from our electricity to our gas. I won’t answers immediately. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: Gas bill paid twice

AGL Moderator

Hi Jajo60,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If this promise was made to you within 24-48 hours of the due date of your bill, then it is highly likely that AGL had already made the request to your bank to withdraw these funds despite Phea telling you otherwise. I'd like to apologise for this incident, and for the understandable frustration that this has caused.

You can request a refund for this amount by getting in touch with our web chat team here.

Cheers.

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Gas bill paid twice

Newcomer

My issue has now been solved and payment has been received.

Thank you.