Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Gas Hot Water Meter seems running fast

Switched-on

Hi all, I am new to this Community.  

I am now living in an apartment of a high rise building which is using centralized hot water system.  I have a concern with the gas hot water meter which seems running very fast.  I don't know the normal 'running rate' of the meter but based on the meter reading in the past 6 months (I used 3 months billing period) it jumped up over 50 percent.  I didn't have any repair of the in-house hot water system but the meter reading just went up substantially high compared to 6 months ago.

Bill - Mar 2014 end reading: 764.05

Bill - Mar 2015 end reading: 1619.96

Bill - June 2015 end reading: 1844.11

Bill - Sept 2015 end reading: 1940.99

Bill - Mar 2016 end reading: 2516.07

Bill - June 2016 end reading: 7936.6 (should be a misread reading, which aroused my interest to look into this matter)

Current meter reading at 17/06/2016: 3121.7

We are only a married couple without any kids and hence the hot water usage is quite consistent and definitely not high.  Based on my observation yesterday, I used 10.3 units a day which implied that I will use 927 units in 3 months.  It will become another 50% higher than the previous bill (exponential growth!).

Does anyone have the same experience?  Can I request AGL to check my meter for free and how can I ask for the compensation if the meter reading was wrong?  The model of my meter is Itron with sensor Cyble Sensor V2 (KLF:10).

Is there method that I can check the accuracy of the meter by ourselves?

Thanks all!  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Gas Hot Water Meter seems running fast

AGL Moderator

Hi @Ernest

Welcome to the Community!

We would certainly need to look at your account to be able to verify the reads. The last read certainly looks odd!

Please send me a private message at your earliest convenience with some account information, I'll then take a look and see if we need to raise a meter test for you.