Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Gas Bill

Semiconductor

I got a 6 monthly gas bill from AGL for $2,007. The average daily use (401.93MJ) is the exact same across the 6 months.

There are four people in the house - gas stove, i presume gas hot water, and a gas heater that was turned on no more than 5 times during winter.

The IPART website says average 6 month usage for my household would be 10,800, yet my bill shows our consumption was 76,768.63

Does this indicate there could be a gas leak? I've contacted our real estate agent but they think it's entirely normal to have usage seven times the average.

In addition to this, part of the bill shock stems from the fact i didn't know we were signed up with AGL, when we moved into my house (6 months ago) i set up an account with Origin. I got confirmation from them, set up my account online, direct debit, all that. I contacted Origin yesterday and they notified me despite sending the confirmation there was an error in connecting, that error then also prevented them from notify me.

Am i getting slammed with high rates cause i'm on one of these weird, seemingly non-legally-binding unsigned AGL contracts?

In a final twist of cluster**bleep**ering I've tried speaking with the chat service, but my name isn't listed as account holder (obviously cause i haven't signed a contract) so i can't really progress any further. And even though the bill is addressed to 'Dear Customer' the account is in a different persons name, and they can't tell me who. They've suggested getting in contact with the previous tenants and getting them to add me to the account.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Gas Bill

Alumni

Hi @Jesse

There are a lot of things going on here and it would be best for us to investigate the multiple issues before responding. Could you submit your details via our support form, and we'll have the team look into ASAP. Make sure you include the address of the property and your best contact details. 

Cheers, 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

Semiconductor

thanks Lauren, i've submitted it now.

Highlighted

Semiconductor

hey @sugarkane I got a reply saying the account is not in my name (which i mentioned in my ticket). Before they can answer any questions i'll need to 'take responsibility of the gas consumption'.

I'm kind of hesitant about taking responsibility before any of my queries are even acknowledged, let alone resolved. How can the bill have been sent to us, addressed to "Dear Customer", but now they're telling me it's in someone elses name. And should i be worried about the levels of consumption listed in the bill?

Highlighted

Alumni

I'll look into this for you now @Jesse. Absolutely understand your concerns and we'll get in touch again shortly. 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

Switched-on

Lucky you - only 7 times inflated. My bill is 35 times that which would have been the case by reference to the meter readings, on the basis of AGL's "estimates" utilised in lieu of meter readings. I wish I had been able to run my business revenues on the basis of "estimates".