Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

GAS connection process goes forever

Switched-on

I moved to a new apartment last year and decided to go for AGL for gas connection. They signed me up and sent all the relevant docs over email and told me to wait until it's connected. Well, it's been over 10 month and gas account still hasn't been open. I've been in contact with them numerous times, but every time they just promise it will be connected soon.
I'm just tired of speaking to AGL representatives for 10 month, my case was escalated internally at AGL but that has no effect!

I was trying to find out what's going on, but never get an answer, just a promise that it will be sorted. Will it ever be sorted?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: GAS connection process goes forever

Alumni

We'd really like to make sure your gas connection is sorted @gastello - 10 months is definitely too long for this to be going on. 

Can you send us your account details via our Support Form so we can begin investigating? We will then get in touch today with an update and information on the actions we will take to have this resolved ASAP. 

Cheers, 

Lauren 

If I've helped at all, a Kudos would be appreciated 🙂
Highlighted

Switched-on

Gas account has appeared today under my current plan.
Well done guys, only took you 10 month.

Alumni

We're so sorry it took that long @gastello, but we're glad it has finally been sorted out. Please get in touch if you have any further issues with your account.

If you see a helpful post, give it a Kudos. It's like a High Five, but better!
Highlighted

Switched-on

I have the same problem with gastello, only it's been 2 months rather than 10. I moved to a brand new apartment on 14 Aug 2015 and connected both electricity and gas. Only my gas account has not appeared yet. I wasn on the phone with AGL dispute team last month, and they said that my gas account should be activated in the next meter reading, whenever that is. I was told that AGL had no billing right on 14 Aug and told me to contact Jemena to find out who my current supplier is. But this is a brand new building and unit, and I am the first tenant of the unit. Even the property agent & Building Manager have no idea. Tried to call Jemena 10 times without success of ever getting through their Customer Service Operator. Will my gas account ever be opened? I have received all the documentation from AGL for my Gas account - twice, but it has not appeared online.

Highlighted

Alumni

Hi there @kart, sorry to hear you're in a similar position at the moment. If you could pop your contact details into our Support Form, we'll check what the status is with your gas account and get back to you as soon as possible.

If you see a helpful post, give it a Kudos. It's like a High Five, but better!
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi @ElleBelle, I just submitted the Support Form. Thanks.

Highlighted

Switched-on

I have the same issue going on 4 months. Been calling, getting the all clear then a random text saying our connection has been cancelled... reps are helpful but not successful. 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi Antmteliza,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention

It's very concerning to hear of  such a long wait! I'm very sorry for the delays with this and would like to help with finding out why it's taking so long. Please send us your details via private message for us to get on top of this ASAP.

Kind regards,

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.