Accounts and Billing

Have a question about anything relating to an AGL account, product or service? Search for answers here or start a discussion.

Highlighted
CSR
Newcomer

GAS BILL SHOCK

7 REPLIES
CSR
Newcomer

Re: GAS BILL SHOCK

due to rookie status, did not manage to enter any text. 

Most recent gas bill is a shocker, pay monthly & average around $55/mnth, most recent bill $222. Claimed to be caused by earlier billings based on estimates. How does one budget for mistakes by the supplier????

Attempted to talk with an AGL rep this am, unable to proceed because i refused to give my birthdate, however was able to supply Acct No, Address, Name, etc. If applying for employment, it is illegal for employer to ask age, birthdate.

Simply wanted to arrange payments suited to my circumstances. Could not do so. Now likely to seek an alernate supplier

Solution

Hey CSR,

Welcome to the Community!

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. Per recent changes to our privacy policy, we're now refraining from using a customers date of birth as a point of identification, so this is definitely something that we'll follow up on!

Under the circumstances, we would be happy to arrange a payment plan for you ASAP. Please feel free to get in touch with our web chat team (aglener.gy/ChatCom) who'll be more than capable of arranging this for you!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

CSR
Newcomer

Jayden,

thanks for your message. Unable to access the link, computer security denying access. Would like to arrange some sort of payment plan. Would also like to know how readings could have been so far out to cause such a discrepancy betwen my regular monthly payment (which is paid automatically) & what is now being charged. 

Is it possible to have a person contact me to arrange the plan?

Hey CSR,

Given the issues you're experiencing with the link I've provided, please feel free to send me a private message including your account number and email address and I'll be happy to see what I can do!

Thanks,

Jayden.

CSR
Newcomer

Jayden, 

thanks for your response, much appreciated.

I spoke with a Chat Room rep, Debolina, and she was very helpful. A payment plan has been developed that will assist in my budgeting.

Thanks

Hey CSR,

My pleasure! It's great to hear that we've been able to sort this out for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Rookie

For all those experiencing problems with AGL whether it,s gas or electricity and getting nowhere please go www.energymadeeasy.gov.au and find out how to proceed correctly otherwise you will be mucked around forever,i did and i won.

Good Luck 

biddy666