Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Flybuys points

Switched-on

Wow! AGL really make you work for the '10,000 flybuys points when you sign up online' offer that THEY supposedly offer you as their customer. 

I was told that once your account is set up online, you get in touch with them with your account number so they can link your flybuys card to the account. Sounds simple right? I have jumped through hoops to do exactly this and still no luck.

I'd be surprised if the offer is actually legitimate or just a scam to get new customers to join.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Flybuys points

AGL Moderator

Hi LinLinsey,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

I'm sorry to hear that we've been making it so difficult for you to link your Flybuys card with your AGL account. If you haven't tried already, you can do this by following the 'Link Your Account Now' prompt on this page. If you've already tried this to no avail, please let me know so that we can explore some other options to get this sorted out for you!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

I just contacted AGL via the online chat regarding my 10,000 flybuy points...or rather lack of.  

we went in circles about me not linking my card...when I mentioned about leaving I was redirected to the cancellation division to cancel...AGL realy couldnt care about their present customers...just about getting new ones.

Kleenheat here i come.....l

Highlighted

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi stephenb, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

After linking your Flybuys card to your AGL account, you should expect to see Flybuys points come through within 6-8 weeks at the absolute most. 

If you have not yet received them, please send us your account details via private message and we'll be more than happy to have a look at this for you on here. 

Regards, 

Le

Highlighted

Switched-on

Im started to believe its a scam just to get you to sign up 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Kellzshan,

This isn't the case at all - our affiliation with Flybys is well documented!

Are you having issues with linking your Flybuys card with your AGL account at the moment?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Highlighted

Switched-on

I am also having trouble collecting my points. I signed up on line and followed all prompts as directed. Haven't received not 1 point yet. I am considering changing supplier of I don't get them soon

Tags (1)
Highlighted

AGL Community Manager

Hi @manda887 . When did you sign up? It can take up to 60 days for flybuys to be credited. You should also make sure that your flybuys card is linked to your account, by visiting the Rewards tab on myaccount.agl.com.au

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.