Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Faulty has hot water service

Switched-on

So for some unknown reason (nothing has changed in my household of one person) my gas bill has doubled. First one was actual and so was the subsequent one.  There is absolutely NO WAY I have used double.

I live in a unit and there has been problems with the gas hot water system recently - could this be connected to the bill that has doubled? 

How is much do you charge for a second actual reading?

I spoke to another resident who requested a second reading and the reading was wrong. How can there be errors in digital readings?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Faulty has hot water service

AGL Moderator

Hey Whatarip,

Welcome to the Community!

I can definitely appreciate how seeing your gas bill double could be concerning! There could be a number of different reasons for this and an incorrect meter reading may be a possibility. You can quickly confirm the accuracy of your latest bill by checking the meter reading currently displayed on your meter against the bill itself. If the meter reading currently displayed on your meter is higher than your bill, this would suggest that your bill is correct.

If you'd like to discuss this in further depth or other potential causes of a high bill, you're always welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.