Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Extremely high gas bill

Newcomer

Got my first gas bill after 42 days in a rental. Apparently my partner and I who work 40 hour weeks and eat muscle meals purchased frozen and reheated in a microwave, and have not even touched the heater yet as, have managed to use $1007 worth of gas!

accprong to the representatives this makes perfect sense. Sent in my meter reading at 1086 48 hours ago and now my meter is at 1087. So 0001 change in 48 hours and yet somehow we used 1144 in 42 days!! Also, apparently the original meter read was at 0 (despite people living here for a year prior to us) and this all makes perfect sense to the customer service representative! 

Was told I will get a call back as they need to “investigate further” and they can’t guarantee that the technician coming out to do that won’t be charged to me. Fantastic! 

1 REPLY

Re: Extremely high gas bill

Newcomer

Update:

Called them on Friday to see how the “investigation” was going as I hadn’t been called back and found out there was no investigation and they never intended on looking into it for me. Really good stuff. 

P.s. you’re not getting my money and the Ombudsman can deal with you now. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy