Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Extremely high gas bill?

Switched-on
Hi guys,

I have been at my current property for a couple months i work 50hrs a week and usually never home on the weekends as i go and spend the weekend at my parents. My gas bills have never been higher than $300 with my old provider and that is with a housemate who was always home. At the current place it is just me and im am hardly ever home.

I was very suprised to see a gas bill of over $700!! And that is with a discount? As i am currently renting off a friend we just kept the utilities bills going and the previous usages were always less than $250 for my friend who was home all day with a baby and family and friends always over visiting the new born baby.

Something seriously does not seem right and I have seen and heard a lot of complaints about AGL's bills usually overcharging people.

Is there a way we can work out whats happened? As this cannot continue and i will probably organise to switch to Energy Australia who i was with previously.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Extremely high gas bill?

Powerhouse

First thing I would do, especially to avoid 'bill shock' is to use the AGL website to enter your gas meter read and do it daily and keep a log. I do this for Electricity but only do weekly for gas as gas is only for cooking and hot water and is cheap, by comparison to you. When you do a read and enter it, it tells you your bill to date. At least this may you monitoring daily usage of gas. Jumping ship is a solution but you may go from the frying pan into the fire.

Be prepared to private message one of the modertors here you past bill with AGL, it maybe your on a wrong tariff or your on bill smoothing.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kbour  I'm really sorry to hear about the high billing issue. To be able to assist you with your enquiry are you able to provide with your account details via a private message, please ? 

Switched-on
Hi its ok went through it all previously with someone. As i am not the account holder and the owner of the property is i am unable to speak to anyone. Will just bite the bullet and pay this bill, but have arranged to have my old provider takeover from tomorrow. I am offered to go back on my old discount with them which is 38% elec & 25% gas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @kbour  Once again we're sorry that were unable to assist with your enquiries. Should you wish to change your supplier in the future we'd be more than happy to discuss our plans which best suit your energy needs. All the best.