Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Extremely high gas bill

Cat
Semiconductor

I was shocked to see my gas billing statement from 18aud to 1,700+! I live alone in 1 bedroom apartment and i dont usually cook or use heater. I called agl and they said they have already reviewed this and determined that the bill is accurate. How could I have consumed 1,700 worth of gas in 1 month! This is just my 3rd billing statement  (since moving to my apartment) so I have no comparison. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Extremely high gas bill

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hey Cat, will be more than happy to have another look into this for you! Can you please send us a private message, I will be more than happy to investigate further.

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Afternoon Cat, not sure which state your in or if you have access to see your own gas meter but if you have access then you could follow my lead, every Wednesday I take a photo of my gas meter read and submit the read on line to AGL, that way both AGL and yourself set a pattern of usage which is easy to calculate your dialy/weekly/monthly etc. dollar usage.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Cat
Semiconductor

Thanks Bortski, message sent

Cat
Semiconductor

Thanks Rob, I will do that from now on!

Powerhouse

Glad I could help Cat,

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Cat!

@KB is currently out of the office, are you able to forward your request to myself. If you could please include all account details, we can furhter investigate and see what is happening with your gas bills. 

Thanks