Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Extremely high gas bill, short billing period

Switched-on

I've received a gas bill, it's my first for this property after having issues trying to have the gas connected. I tried numerous times to have the gas connected after I moved in, and I was told that they couldn't get access to the gas meter to have me connected. Then out of the blue, I receive a bill. I have been billed a total amount of $780.66, for a period of 18 days. We only have gas for hot water and cooking, and during this time we didn't have hot water for at least 5 days as our unit was faulty and had to be replaced and it took a while for it to be delivered and installed. I find this ridiculous. I have called AGL to speak to someone about the bill, but no one is interested in trying to sort this issue out for me. I am a pensioner and can't afford this kind of cost. The people on the phone were unable to tell me what date the meter was read, and if there could be a mix up or a problem ie gas leak. Clearly there's something wrong and I'd like this to be addressed asap.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Extremely high gas bill, short billing period

AGL Moderator

Hi Claudine,

Thank you for joining the AGL Community!

This bill definitely sounds far too high, especially considering the issues you had having your gas connected in the first place. Please send me a private message with your account details so that we can take a look at things and get back to you ASAP.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Extremely high gas bill, short billing period

Switched-on

HI Jayden,

Thanks for your reply. I will do that now.

Regards,

Claudine