Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Extremely high bill

Switched-on

Hi,

I've received a very "strange" gas bill. This bill it's almost three times compared to the previous one. 

I think there is something wrong and I want to understand more about it. 

Also since 4 months ago one less person live with me and we now cook less compared to before.

What should I do?

Regards,

Claudio 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Extremely high bill

Powerhouse

Hi Claudio,

AGL's website on the front page often talks about hoax emails that sort of look like they are from AGL but are not, a suggestion may be to look very carefully at your email bill and see how it compares in content, layout and etc. to previous email bills.

Next thing I would suggest is to await an AGL person from here to comment further, they will probably ask you to private message them, provide you a link to do so and there you can give them your account number etc. so thay can delve deeper. On no account should you put this sort of detail on this forum that the public can see, logically for privacy reasons.

If you don't want to wait or feel it's urgent, in the contact us area on the website there are 1300 numbers that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, personally I prefer the private message method but either way it's your choice.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Powerhouse

I should also hve added, it would be prudent for you to remove any personal identfiers like your surname from this and future posts, all to do with the protection of your privacy, you can do this by clicking on the menu to edit this post.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Claudio. Thank you for the post. We are sorry that you have received a strange gas bill. As @BWSS has mentioned AGL are aware that there have been several hoax/scam emails being sent to AGL and non AGL customers. You can find out more information about them here. If the email you have received matches any of these examples, we advise that you delete these emails and do not interact with the sender in any way. 

If the email that you have received does not match the hoax/scam emails, please send a private message and I can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Catherine