Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Extremely High quarterly Electricity Bills! $3400 + $2100!!!

HCB
Switched-on

We moved into our new house 6 months ago. I had not received one bill despite me checking my account online and finally AGL issued me two quarterly bills last week - the first winter bill of $2100 and the second bill of $3400!

We are a family of two adults and two children. We used an airconditioner in winter on super cold days but have two fireplaces, have used small gas heaters with a heatermate energy adaptor attached to each of them. Maybe extra loads of washing with two young kids, but our bills were never more than $1200 at our old house.

this is insane and AGL have told us the meter readings are correct and there isnt anything else they can do.

Firstly why was I not billed for 6 months and then suddenly get these crazy bills

I will be changing energy providers if noone can explain this.

Please help - what else can we do to check this? I have rang Endeavour Energy but they cannot share previous electricity usage on the property before we moved in. Not sure what to do next

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Extremely High quarterly Electricity Bills! $3400 + $2100!!!

AGL Moderator

Hey HCB,

Thank you for getting in touch!

We'd be more than happy to jump into your account and see if there is anything else that we can do to help. To do that, I'll ask that you send through a private message including your AGL account number and email address, and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Extremely High quarterly Electricity Bills! $3400 + $2100!!!

HCB
Switched-on

private message sent