Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Extremely High Quarterly Electricty Bill

Switched-on

Hi,

We moved into our new house 3 months ago. I recieved the AGL bill from 01 May - 01 Aug and it came down to 1173$. 

We are a family of two adults and two children. We used an oil heater in 2 rooms during winter whole night. washing is pretty nominal with 2-3 loads per week.

with two young kids, our bills were never more than $400-500$ at our old house.

This seems like a clear rip off. I have never had such huge bills and unsure about what steps do we need to take.

I will be changing energy providers if no one can explain this.

Pls pls help. this is scary and saddening.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Extremely High Quarterly Electricty Bill

AGL Moderator

Hi anaussie,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been taken aback by your most recent bill, and we'd like to see what we can do to help alleviate your concerns. We recommend that you start by checking your current meter reading against the meter reading on your bill to ensure that it is accurate. If the reading used on your bill is accurate, you should expect your current meter reading to now be higher. In addition to this, we also encourage you to jump over to our energy saving advice page which contains helpful information and links that'll help you understand how energy is used in your household.

If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account specifically, you're welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here or by calling us on 131 245.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Extremely High Quarterly Electricty Bill

Switched-on

I was very very shocked at my las bill over $1000. We have gas heating but use it very limited. Might be time to look at another electricity provider for me. We also have solar panels and solar hot water. I have been in a large amount of credit with these guys previously but not now😡😡