Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Extremely High Gas Bill

Tim
Conductor

Last month I received an extremely high gas bill which is 1,301 AUD. I'm quite sure that it is not normal to have such a high bill like this. Anyway I just moved in the apartment for first month. There're only 2 people in the apartment, and we only use gas for cooking and water heating.  I called AGL customer service and told them about this, they said they will send someone to check the meter again and will call me as soon as possible. And guess what happen,They decided not to call me. I've never received any call from AGL. So after a few weeks I decided to call them back and they insisted that I have to pay 1,301AUD. Any idea about this?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Extremely High Gas Bill

AGL Moderator

Hi @Tim

Are you able to advise as to whether the bill was based on an actual meter read or an estimate? It should be on the bill itself. If you believe that the billing is incorrect in any case, an investigation should be done to clarify whether or not the read is accurate, and until we've exhausted these avenues, the bill should be placed on a lock.

Could you please send me a private message with some account details? I'll take a look and see what's happening.

Highlighted

Tim
Conductor

I've sent my information to private message already. But no reply

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @Tim

I thought I had responded, my apologies. I'll locate the response I had written up and will get back to you as soon as I can. 

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Morning Tim,

Have you considered taking your own reads? I do as a matter of course, I use my iPhone to take photos and include the read and the meter number, mainly for proof down the track in case things go wrong. I do this weekly and use that read to enter on the AGL website on my account as a manual read. I strongly suggest you do this daily for the photos and proof and perhaps weekly for the manual read and website update. It only costs you a few minutes of your time but apart from peace of mind in the interim it also shows a trend as to your daily usage, up to you of course. One good thing is when you update your account on the website with a manual read it actually tells you your bill to date, something that I think is excellent.

Rob 

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @Tim

I have responded to your message as of two days ago and am just awaiting your response to proceed.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

I'll send my response via email, sure @Tim but just to let you know I'll be deleting the comment containg your email address, just for privacy reasons for yourself.

Highlighted

Tim
Conductor

Thank you very much. I've seen your message!

Highlighted

Tim
Conductor

Thank you so much Rob, but I live in an apartment which the gas meter located in the basement and it said to be restricted by supplier.

I appreciate your help.

Tim

Highlighted

Powerhouse

No probs Tim, I don't live in an apartment but a friend I know does here in the CBD of Adelaide and it's much the same, it is restricted to the building manager who happens to live on site and he can show my friend his own meter but not allow him to wander in case he touches what is not his, a bit of an inconvenience for the building manager but then again that is what he is paid to do by the residents.

Good luck in solving the problem.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.