Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Extremely High Gas Bill

Switched-on

Good afternoon,

I received my latest gas bill via email today and the amount has almost doubled from the previous bill cycle. I understand it’s winter and that more gas is used but there’s no way our consumption was over double. I spoke to somebody over the online chat and over the phone to no avail. Apparently our consumption went from 13390mJ to 31174mJ from the previous cycle, I was told the only option is to go on a payment plan or have the meter inspected which will cost me if it is found not to be faulty. This is ridiculous. Could we have been overcharged with peak times or could there be anything else causing this?

Cheers,

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Extremely High Gas Bill

Switched-on

0B018043-5BCC-4475-BFD9-6B12CF717F75.png

Yes! I just got mine too! I’ve had to upload a photo because this is just crazy!!!

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi ThomasP,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

There could be a few causes for a high gas bill, thought it is not uncommon to see these during winter periods. The best place is to check your current meter reading against the end reading on your bill. If you current meter reading is higher than your billed end reading, then this indicates that the meter reading taken was accurate. While you're near the meter, it can also be helpful to note if you smell gas which would indicate a leak. You can find additional information here: My bill seems higher than usual, what should I do?

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

This looks very similar to my previous 4 months!! We were shocked with ours too - ridiculous.