Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Excessive Gas Bills

Switched-on

I have been issued 2 excessive gas bills that I do not believe to be correct. After having two lengthy phone conversations and one attempt at the 'chat' feature, I have given up and just paid the bills. 

We live in a small apartment and have 2 gas bills - 1 for gas hot water that we pay our share from a centralised meter for the whole apartment complex, and 1 gas heating (ducted). The rest of our appliances are electric. There is 3 of us who live here and we all work full time so are not home during the day. Over winter, we used our gas heating for approx. 2 hours per night. Our usage did not change over the last 3 months. 

For a one month period, our gas bill was $292 and our gas hot water (for 6 weeks) was $234. During the previous two months, which were equally cold and we had the same usage, yet the bills were $78 and $91. It just makes no sense to me that the bills could increase so significantly in a small apartment when we are barely home. 

I am planning on changing energy suppliers soon but was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? 

Tags (3)