Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Energy Plan - pay on time discount

Switched-on

When a plan stipulates 'If you pay on time and for the full amount, you receive a discount...' Can you make 2 payments before the due date and still get a discount? or is it one payment for the full amount?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Energy Plan

Powerhouse

Hi and good morning, from past experience you can make as many payments as you wish, the bottom line is' pay on time' !! I personally use a direct debit to put the onus back onto AGL to do their part, but, I also make sure I have the funds there in the first place, in other words I leave no stone unturned and I take every precaution.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Re: Energy Plan - pay on time discount

Switched-on

I gonna  be away for my next bill can I make an advance payments before the due date and still get a discount? 

AGL Moderator

Hey gziraboy1948,

Thank you for your post!

I'm happy to confirm that you can pay your bill in advance. Provided that there is enough credit on the account to cover your 'Pay on Time amount' once the bill is generated, you'll receive your discount!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Energy Plan

Switched-on

Hi, What I am looking at is that AGL Essentials fixed rate plan is lower than the discounted rate. Have you try to compute what is the bottom line between the two plans, i.e. Discounted vs Fixed rates.

Switched-on

Hi there, our bill is always in credit as I pay every fortnight. For some reason the 11% pay on time discount wasnt applied to our Bill this quarter? Is it no longer available? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

AGL Moderator

Hey Aimee1,

Thank you for getting in touch!

If your account is already paid in full once you receive your bill, then there is a good chance that your discount appears on the second page of your bill underneath the 'Credit' section. This'll typically appear as either a 'Pay on Time discount' or a 'Direct Debit discount'.

Is there anything listed on your bill here?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Switched-on

Hi Jayden, 

I think our bill this time is worded a bit different. I think it should be 28% usage discount and 11% direct debit/pay on time discount.. this is just going off our previous bill. ThanksScreenshot_20190129-082501.png

AGL Moderator

Hi Aimee1,

Based on your bill, it looks like you've been billed based on a 'Set & Forget' plan for this period. These plans only have a 'direct debit discount' component, which is shown in the 'Credits' section of this bill.

If your previous bill showed two different discount types, then it's likely that you changed your discount plan during this period. Your 'pay on time discount' would've applied to your usage before the plan change, and your 'direct debit discount' would've applied to your usage after the plan change.

Kind regards,

Jayden