Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Energy Consumer Paper Invoices

Switched-on

Hi

We have moved to our home In February and since March we have been with another electricity and gas company. After having a long fight with AGL where I had to involve the ombudsman we are constantly getting letters every 3 days addressed to the Energy Consumer for an MIRN number that is not ours. How can I get this nuisance stopped.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Energy Consumer Paper Invoices

AGL Moderator

Hi Elainepassanha,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

If you have involved the Energy and Water Ombudsman in this matter, then it is important that you get in touch with our Escalations team on 1300 886 514 who'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: Energy Consumer Paper Invoices

Switched-on

I agree, these bills addressed to The Energy Consumer is a total scam, AGL sends out thousands of these invoices every month and no doubt some naive property owners promptly pay the bills. What does it mean to have billing rights? I have been receiving these bills since March even though the house on my property has been knocked down and the meter has been removed. 

Anyone who has accidentally paid these bills should claim a refund, and to the shareholders, I would question if those unpaid debts are sitting on the debtors ledger?