Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Electricty Billing error again - Customer resolution asked me to pay for investigation again!

Sh
Conductor

Hi AGL,

It is the billing error again (the third time), and the customer resolution team (Through Facebook message) asked me to pay $40.02 to investigate the meter read.

It was plain simple that the bill for the period 29 Jun 2017- 26 Sep 2017 has over estimated of my electricity usage. It is nearly twice usage as I have been in the past 10 years, and I received the sky highest bill in 10 years according to my electricity usage records in the past 10 years. My usual daily usage is ~ 4k Wh / day, but now it is 7.64K Wh / day!

However, my bill of 29 Mar 2017-28 Jun 2017 was billed at the usage of 0.65K Wh / day.

I am questioning if AGL actually read my meter every quarter and bullied my actual quarterly usage accordingly and responsibly?

There was a electricity price increase in Jul by AGL (nearly 20% increase in electricity). No notification was sent to me, but I noticed this increase on my recent bill! It is such as disgraceful gesture that AGL shift my electricity consumption of the period 29 Mar - 28 Jun 2017 to my recent bill for the period 29 Jun - 26 Sep 2017 with the increased unit price. It is very doggy to rip off customers as such.

And today AGL asked me to pay $40.02 to read my meter again!

This is the third time that I have experienced a billing error of over charging with AGL, but I was asked for a payment for further investigation as before.

The resolution reached in 2016 on my gas account was dreadful long process to dealing with different people in AGL and I have to explain the issue again and again. Now, it happened again. This is very frustrating.

May I ask how soon AGL can resolve this issue this time? My bill is due by 18 Oct. I'd AGL find a sound solution without going through the dreadful communication / resolution process as before.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Electricty Billing error again - Customer resolution asked me to pay for investigation again!

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi Sh, thank you for providing your feedback on the AGL Community! I'm sorry you have had ongoing problems with billing and meter reads! I understand that our team are helping you via a private message conversation on Facebook, so in order to simplify the resolution process, I will leave it with them. Thanks and hope we can fix this for you very soon, Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: Electricty Billing error again - Customer resolution asked me to pay for investigation again!

Sh
Conductor

It seems your team kept on ignoring my notes that explained the issue. They insist on the investigation based on their misunderstanding of my case. And now they came back to me with the response based on their wrong understanding of my case again. In the past two weeks, I had so many people responded to me but each of them only knew half of the story. It has extremely hard to message forth back on FB messenger. Is there any way to escalate to a human that I can talk to? This is disappointing experience again and again. Can we fix this issue before the payment due?  Thank you

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Sh,

Thanks for touching base, and I'm sorry to hear that our level of service is still letting you down.

If you're able to send me a private message with your account number and mobile phone number, I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Highlighted

Sh
Conductor

It has been am ongoing long term battle again with AGL to correct my electricity bill. 

With the ref No.: 146736607 on 24 Oct 2017, Josh said he got every details recorded for my case and will follow went up for me. On 14 Nov 2017, Tyler (ref No.: 1472737349) asked me to tell him the story again. I have been talking to 10+ people in AGL and 10+ time about what went wrong with my electrity bill. However, everytime is a battle that everyone told me 'The meter reading i correct'. Every time I have to explain again that the problem is the extrem high usage in my last bill where AGL charge me a higher price after the price increase in Jul 2017.

After so many battling, I was offered $100 to offset the billing over charging althoug there is not satisfied explaination how my correct bill looks like.

When I am sit down tonight but just realized there is $39.38 difference in my bill caused by the delay of the payment due to the complain investigation process where I was unable to pay on time (The 18% of pay on time discount). Hence, in reality, My $100 billing error adjustment is discounted by $39.38.

Can AGL put back the credit to my account after such a long and draining process. I have been dealling with couple of amzaing mates, however, many of them were not that great. Can you please  help me the close this chapter by adding back the pay on time discount of $39.38.

Thank you

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Sh,

I've just replied to you in a private message so that we can clear things up for you!

Cheers,

Jayden.