Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Electricity pensioner rebate

Switched-on

I would just like to apply for the community/cost-of-living-support/electricity rebate please.

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Electricity pensioner rebate

AGL Moderator

Hi @Scotty77

Our team can help you via our 24/7 web chat right here. Thanks!

Switched-on

Received  energy plan but there is no mention of Pension Concession rebate.

Tags (1)

AGL Moderator

Hi @smithi,

Thank you for your post Smiley Happy

We would love to help you get your concession card linked against your account, and the good news is that you can do this at anytime yourself! All you need to do is go straight to www.agl.com.au and select 'MY ACCOUNT' in the top-right hand side of the page. 

This is what the button looks like:

My Account.PNGMy Account

If you don't already have an account, you will need to register for one by following the prompts. Once logged into your account, you then need to select 'MANAGE ACCOUNT' on the top of the page, to the right of our logo. I have highlighted it for you here:

Manage Account.PNGManage Account

On the 'Manage Account' page, you will see a number of options. The one you need to look at is the 'Concessions' option. You will need to select the 'Manage' button to the right of that option. I have highlighted it for you here:

Concession.PNGConcessions

On this page, you will be able to register a concession card against your AGL account/s. You will need to select the orange button that reads, 'ADD A CONCESSION'. The page should look like this: 

Manage concession.PNGManage Concessions

If you are having any difficulty with this, we will be right here to help! You can talk to us via webchat here.

I hope this answers your question, and please let us know if anything else comes up.

Kindly, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

I've tried to do this but whenever l click on any option to manage my account it just opens a new tab on the account overview

AGL Moderator

Hey @JoshuaLMartin,

That doesn't sound too bad, since at the moment, the 'Concession' page does show up in another tab (last picture above). Are you seeing the 'Concessions' option on the new tab - after clicking 'Manage' next to the Concessions option - or does it just go back to your account overview page?

Thank you for your help in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Jordan

Switched-on

No matter what option l click it takes me to a new tab on my overview, so l currently can't change a single thing in my account

AGL Moderator

Hi @JoshuaLMartin

Thank you for letting me know about this issue persisting, and sincere apologies for the delayed response.

I have been looking into this for you on our end and have received a response from our tech team earlier today. They have advised that this error should be resolved. Would you please try and access your concession information again online, and let me know if you are still having this problem?

Thank you for your help and patience with this.

Kindly, Jordan​​​​​​​

Switched-on

I have now received my 4th electricity bill and I still havent received my pension rebate. I gave my pension number  to them on day one. I  called AGL twice regarrding this but nothing has been done. I was told back in August that my rebate will be backdated from the date I joined. Still waiting! Kaz

Switched-on

How do I apply for the rebate