Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Electricity account is not overdue!

Switched-on

Hi there

My electricity and gas accounts are actually both in credit with you.  I received an payment notice so called AGL and spoke with someone who assured me my accounts were both in credit.  I have now just received another letter telling me the account is overdue and recovery action may commence.

Can you please resolve this at your end so I'm not receiving un-warranted overdue notices?

thanks!

AM

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Electricity account is not overdue!

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Anne-Maree. Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

To investigate your account, can you please send a private message with your account details. 

In the meantime, if you have already registered for an AGL Energy Online account - you can log in and double check your historical payments. If you have not done this before, you can find the instructions here. As a possible explanation is that you have over paid one account and under paid the other, this sometimes happens when cusotmer's make payments via BPAY and choose the wrong reference number. If this is the case, AGL can simply transfer funds between your gas and electricity accounts. 

If you need any further information about payment options available, please see here.

Thanks

Re: Electricity account is not overdue!

Powerhouse

Hi Anne-Maree,

This must be very frustrating for you indeed, I find the moderators here very helpful and I would suggest as soon as one of them spots this post they will ask you to Private Message them with a link and ask you to advise your account number etc. so they can lookinto this matter for you.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.