Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Electricity Usage

Semiconductor

Can AGL please advise why I keep getting estimate datas on my electric usage over the last one month when I recently have a new smart meter installed.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Electricity Usage

AGL Moderator

Hi @Bernard1 with a smart meter you should be no longer getting those estimates. When did you have your meter installed? It could be due to the fact that it was installed at some point in the middle of your billing cycle if I had to hazzard a guess. If you could let us know what your billing period was for, and when your meter was installed, that would be helpful, thanks!

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Nathan,

The smart meter was installed in August 2017 and the new billing cycle starts on 25/9/17. These estimate readings happened during this new billing cycle. It is very frustrating not being able to get the actual usage when I have the smart meter.  Furthermore, there is always a lagging period of a few days for the usage to appear. How can we remember what we do after a couple of days. Is there a problem with your IT Management? Am thinking of changing energy supplier if this problem continues to persist.

AGL Moderator

Hi @Bernard1

In that case, it seems unusual that we'd send an estimated bill if your meter was installed and providing us data from back in August, and certain smart meter tends to run the data dailly, so that's when usage should be updated.

From the information you have provided, the meter that is installed at your property is indeed a digital meter, however, it's a manually read interval reader or MRIM meter. This type of meter records energy in intervals, but the data still needs to be downloaded manually, rather than the alternative where the data is sent straight to the network.

Our web chat support team can assist you with providing your meter type and next course of action if you don't wish to continue receiving estimations, so when you get a chance, please come have a chat with us here.

Semiconductor

Hi Nathan,

Why should my new SMART METER just installed in August be a MRIM meter?

Please be frank and advise me whether there is some technical issues at AGL

The Smart meter should send datas straight to the network.

AGL Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, Bernard1!

I'd like to apologise for any confusion here, and I'm happy to confirm that your meter does report your usage data remotely on an on going basis.

In some instances, segments of data can be incomplete due to issues outside of our control, e.g. power outages, which will result in these segments themselves being labelled as estimates. However, given the nature of how your meter operates, this does not  speak to the accuracy of this data.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.