Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Electricity Rebates

Switched-on

Hi, 

I have just received my electricity account by email. This is the first account since I changed providers and I note some discrepancies to the original discussions I had with the sales person I originally spoke with.

Apart from the 24% pay on time discount and the feed in tariff, I was also offered an additional discount of $78 per quarter as I held a NSW Seniors card. A Seniors card holders discount was also offered on our gas account. I questioned this additional discount at the  time and was assured that this additional discount was correct and was nothing to do with payment on time discount I was being offered. It was this additional discount that was offered that convinced me to change providers and return to AGL for both electricity and gas.

On speaking with your office this afternoon I was advised that the NSW Seniors Card Holder discount only applied to the pay on time discount which was for 22% off the usage charge. If it was not for the additional discount being offered I doubt very much whether I would have changed providers.

Please listen to the recording of my original discussions to verify the discounts being offered to convince me to return to AGL.

Your early response would be appreciated.

Regards,

Philip Uren

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Electricity Rebates

AGL Moderator

Hi Mr Uren, 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and apologies for the delayed response that you have received from us. 

It is very disappointing to understand that the information we provided to you was not upheld after receiving your first bill upon signing up with AGL. We would love to look into this with the best of care, and will definitely pay attention to the initial phone call that you had with us. In order for us to do this, would you please send me your details (including account number, email address and full name) via private message?

Thank you in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.