Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Electirc bill

Conductor

Why is my electric bill so high, There are only 2 people in the house and they can't possible use $760 worth of electricity per monty

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Electirc bill

AGL Moderator

Hi kengee,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Your bills can increase for a number of reasons, especially throughout the colder months! When you say you feel it is high, what are you comparing it against?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

I  am comparing it against prior bills. We are seldom at home because my wife works and heating is hardly ever used. The last couple of bills have been unrealistic and AGL need to get them back to an acceptable level. AGL bills are 6 times higher than my previous provider.

AGL Moderator

Hi Kengee,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I understand that higher than expected bills are a huge cause for concern and we're eager to get to this bottom of this for you. Can I please ask if you were billed at this property for the winter period last year? If so, was this by AGL or another retailer?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Transformer

$760 per Month? That is very, very high.

You can probably get last Winter's bill on-line to compare. If there is a huge discrepency, I would start looking at possible causes. A Hot water leak if a storage type could be one cause.

Some States have subsidised energy audits. That might be another option.

I'm just a community member happy to share my knowledge.
To help with account and billing questions where you need to share sensitive information (i.e. your account and personal details), please contact AGL via chat or private message a moderator.

Conductor

I'm out, I won't be putting up with this any longer

Conductor

I'm comparing it against my friends bill. They are a family of 8 and their bill is less than half of mine. Also my hot water is gas heated therefore, no excuses from AGL.

This better be the last of the huge bills

Conductor

It's not solved because you haven't told my why AGL are ripping me off

Highlighted

Transformer

Hi Kengee,

Just to clarify up front, I’m a community member (not AGL) but I can see Jayden is trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

I’m not sure if you have checked last year’s bill for the same period but that can be found in the "Billing" section after logging in to "My Account". You should see all of your previous billing periods.

Comparing to other households doesn’t give a true indication of your usage.

If this period is much higher than the previous period it is possible the reading has been estimated or is incorrect. If you suspect this is the case then I would suggest taking a reading of your meter.

https://www.agl.com.au/help/meters-connections/how-to-read-your-gas-electricity-meter

If your reading differs significantly from the reading on your bill, you can submit your reading via:

Manage account>Billing and Payments>Enter a meter read.

I'm just a community member happy to share my knowledge.
To help with account and billing questions where you need to share sensitive information (i.e. your account and personal details), please contact AGL via chat or private message a moderator.