Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

EXTREMELY HIGH ELECTRICITY

Semiconductor

Story Short - 2 people,  2 bedroom unit . With a staggering $350 Bill Quarterly. 

We don't have A/C , we don't have a washing machine,  we don't use the heater at all. We use a table lamp and on/off lounge light and kitchen light. A microwave a kettle fridge and tv are the only other eletricals plugged in running 24/7. 

PROBLEM STARTED ( YEAR 1 ) - We have been living here 2 years now. First year the bathroom floor started to gain heat slowly getting warmer and warmer every few weeks . The warmth then moved from the bathroom floor to entering almost half way down the hallway...

( YEAR 2 ) Awhile after Plumbers came and fixed what ended up being a leaking hot water pipe. The heated floor subsided. 

PROBLEM STILL CONTINUES ... The electricity Bill is still at an all time high EVEN after the leaking pipe had been fixed. Hot water system hasn't been checked.. 

Can the hot water really be the source of all my grief ?

Because apparently the bill is telling me I'm using the consumption of Like 4 - 6 people within the home. 

PLEASE HELP ME -.- AM TOTALLY UTTERLY FED UP. 

20200304_184612.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: EXTREMELY HIGH ELECTRICITY

AGL Moderator

Hi Imprezzza,

If you think the cause is the hot water system, I would suggest taking a meter read and then turning the hot water system off for 24 hours, take another meter read before turning this back on to identify how much power has been used.

For further assistance with this matter please click here and for tips to help you save on your bills please click here.

Highlighted

Re: EXTREMELY HIGH ELECTRICITY

Semiconductor

I guess I'll give it a try. I'll get back to you. Thanks !