Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Drop In Feed Tariff - 2 NEW Charges

Conductor

so AGL Energy you wish to drop the solar feed in tariff? NOT HAPPENING. Given your GUARANTEED level of income from fixed charges has risen from $0.29 to $1.10 per day in 3 years - how about you jam your underhanded thieving activities and stop trying to gouge the customers left, right and centre??

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Drop In Feed Tariff - 2 NEW Charges

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @Brian welcome to the AGL community! The minimum solar feed-in tariff that we provide is enforced by each states' energy regulatory body. If you are referring to government incentives around the solar feed-in tariffs, you can see these here: http://bit.ly/1Z0jORi. We understand that a few of these incentives are winding up now so what may seem like a change in our solar feed-in tariffs is actually just a reduction of the government's incentive tariffs. Let us know if you need any more information.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Conductor

for christ's sake stop trying to duck shove the responsibility onto others - YOUR GUARANTEED LEVEL OF INCOME HAS RISEN FROM $0.29 PER DAY TO $1.10 PER DAY IN THREE YEARS!! an increase of 280%!!! so AGL were losing money due to solar feed in tariffs - the fix - raise the fixed prices so the level of income is guaranteed - albeit in the same time frame peak tariff has increased by over 7% and controlled tariff has increased by over 51% - the books must be looking better now eh??

You have introduced two new charges - solar metering charge and cl33 supply charge - dont feed me no crap that they are existing charges - if they prove to me - given the above figures - which charges previously absorbed these charges - you cant - otherwise there would be a decrease in the charge where they were abosrbed.

Finally, dont forget as of 1 Nov 2015 AGL is now paying me $0.75 cents a day - dont believe me? check your documentation - you received a letter (read receipt received) - had until 31 Oct 2015 to dispute it - you didnt - so pay up!!

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

@Brian - to be clear, when you refer to "our guaranteed level of income", it sounds like you're referring to the daily supply charge that you find on your account statement. It is true that this increased in recent months - however this charge has nothing to do with your energy retailer. The supply charge is a pass-through charge (network charge) from your distributor, who maintain the infrastructure required to deliver electricity to your home. More info available here.

In terms of the solar or controlled load metering charges, these are not new charges. The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) has determined that the metering charges be separated from network charges in order to improve transparency for the customers. You can read a little more info about this at our knowledge base article here

I'm not so sure what you are referring to in terms of the guaranteed level of income (75c per day). If you want someone to look specifically in to your account details you can fill out this form and someone will be in contact shortly.

Highlighted

Conductor

I see you have changed your msg - interesting - no need to muddy the waters - your organisation's actions have become very transparent - thanks for this time blaming the Qld Govt - good to see you figured out what the 'guaranteed level of income' means - regardless of what we use AGL pockets $1.10 per day from custoemrs who have controlled tariff and solar - not a bad increase 280% in 3 years..

CL33 supply charge and solar metering charge not new? Yes they are! On my contract three charges are mentioned - peak, controlled and supply charge - NOT CL33 supply charge or solar metering charge - therefore they are NEW charges - if they are not prove to me which network charge they were deducted from and show me the reduction in that newtork charge to direclty correlate with the two NEW charges amounts - my cotnract clearly statezs charges may vary NOT have NEW ones introducted

At no time did I mention the guaranteed level of income was $0.75 per day - this $0.75 per day is a charge AGL is liable to pay me from 1 November 2015.  

Numerous individuals from AGL have specifically looked at my account and not one of you can give a straight answer....

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

@Brian as per the previous reply, the $1.10 per day supply charge is a pass-through charge from your local electricity distributor, not from AGL. You can find your local distributor here. We're happy to talk this through with you if you can leave your contact details via this support form.

The supply charge and solar metering charge have always been in place, they have now just been isolated from the original supply charge for transparency purposes, which you can read about further on this knowledge base article.

In reference to the $0.75 per day that you are entitled to we are unsure what this is in reference to. If you can fill out the support form linked above someone will be able to look in to this further and sort this out for you once and for all.

Once again Brian, we really would like to help you - please fill in your details via the support form and we will get in contact.

Highlighted

Conductor

you guys are unbeleivable always blaming another dept/organisation and yet AGL seems to financially benefit from each decision - end of the day AGL's bottom line is constantly increasing at the detriment of the customers.

you say these two NEW charges have always been there - PROVE IT - which charge were they previously absorbed in and then removed from - show me which charge dropped by the amount of these two NEW charges - face it you can't - they are NEW charges and I am NOT paying them...

re the $0.75 per day AGL owes me - refer to my letter to AGL dated mid October 2015

you would really like to help me? great? here's my account number 95665527 - I am not filling in a support form - my acount number is enough - you will have all my contact details there.

My stance remains the same until proven otherwise...

Highlighted

Conductor

Its been an hour - nothing - no response from AGL here - haven't been contacted - must be doing extensive research....must be....

Highlighted

Alumni
Thanks Brian. We'll have someone get in touch tomorrow to go over this with you and clarify anything you're still uncertain of. If there's a better phone number to contact you on than what's listed on your account, or a specific time we should call, please private message me so I can instruct the team. Cheers

Before posting, make sure you are familiar with our community guidelines.

And be sure to give a like when you see a helpful post from a user!
Highlighted

Conductor

rest assured there is nothing I am uncertain of - what is required is AGL to provide clear and concise responses on ALL outstanding issues and to ensure there is no confusion, I do not want to be called, all communication is to be via email (you have my email address on file - refer to my account number)...