Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Download usage data problem

Superconductor

Has anyone tried to downloading usage data? All I got was a mess that does not make sense.

BTW, I tried to attach a screenshot using "Insert Image" button but despite proving a local file URL (i.e. "https://file///E:\_Clipboard\AGL_Download" ) the image box remains empty. Screenshots make communication sooo much easier - please advise/provide this option.

Screenshot

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Download usage data problem

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @quarkpower, we'd be happy to help make sense of the usage data that you are viewing. You should have no issue uploading a screenshot on here. Are you able to re-attempt uploading the image using the steps below?

1. After clicking the "Reply" button in the thread, the response dialog box will appear on the next page. Click the "Insert/edit image" button, as shown below:

Insert image button.PNG

2. Clicking the "Insert/edit image" button will cause a pop up box to appear. Click on the "Choose file" button. A file explorer window will appear.

Choose File.PNG

3. Navigate to the screenshot you wish to attach. Select the image and select "Open". The image should now appear in the response dialog box, and you can continue to type around the image.

If you are still unable to attach the image we suggest that you upload the image to an external image hosting website, such as imgur, and share the link with us and we can go from there.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Superconductor

When I click on "Insert Image" there is no "File" button - I am getting a dialog box with the text fields "Source", "Image Description" and "Dimensions", no option to pick file from Explorer!

Retired AGL Moderator

That is strange @quarkpower. Are you able to try this using an alternative browser?

Superconductor

I was using Firefox before, this message is posted via MS Internet Explorer - exactly the same message window! Seems the problems is at your end ...

Retired AGL Moderator

There may have been a permissions issue here @quarkpower, are you able to try this again?

Superconductor

Surprise, surprise!!!! It worx   - will I get a lolly for constructive feedback ... 9-))  ?

Here is a typical download, it did not refer to the period selected or made much other sense. If this is not what you expected i can run another test and send the whole file.

capture_001_02062016_145404.jpg

AGL_Download.jpg

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Sure @quarkpower, the lollies are on their way.

The screenshot has come through fine. What in particular were you wanting to understand in regards to the data?

Superconductor

Well, where do I start?

Controlled Load: old dates only, meter was installed 25/2/16 !! Every line twice. No data since installation.

Solar: All readings from inception to-date. BUT nine (9) ! lines per same date/time - waste of space.

Peak: no entries at all !

Here is another snapshot further down the file:

capture_001_02062016_160731.jpg

Retired AGL Moderator

We do agree @quarkpower, there is an issue with the data presented. A fix has been finalised for the multiple lines issues in the spreadsheet, and this will be available shortly.

In the meantime, we can clean up your own personal usage file using this fix and send this across to you - to do so, just send us a private message with your account details and we'll be more than happy to provide you with the file.