Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Do Seniors Dscounts Apply in Queensland?

Switched-on

I just spoke with an Indian accented gentleman on the AGL Enquiries line, and he was *very* adamant that seniors discounts for AGL electricity accounts were only available to NSW and Victorian customers.

Yet AGL have a web page that says Queensland seniors *do* get a discount.

The AGL Enquiries gentleman did not acknowledge the existance of the information.

Could someone clarify for me who I should believe?

The AGL web page is at: https://www.agl.com.au/residential/help-and-support/concessions-rebates-grants

Choose location at the top: QLD

According to the Queensland Government website, I should be able to apply for the discount over the phone.  But that's hard if the person answering doesn't think the discount exists.

See: http://www.qld.gov.au/community/cost-of-living-support/electricity-gas-rebates/index.html#How to app...

Thanks

Sandra

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Do Seniors Dscounts Apply in Queensland?

Switched-on

Since joining AGL I have been getting a Pensioner Government Discount but in my previous bill it was greatly reduced and in my latest bill I have not received any discount. 

I have phoned the Qld Government and they said I should be still receiving it.

Why am I no longer getting the discount from AGL.

IAN

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Ian3,

That's a very fair question!

Unfortunately this not something that we're able to assist with via the AGL Community. I encourage you to log into your My Account here and then click 'Message Us' in the bottom right-hand corner so that our customer service team can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

As advised on the Qld Govt Seniors website I have rung AGL and just quoted my new Qld Seniors Card number to a Contact Officer named John.

I understood from the Qld Govt website that by quoting my number over the phone I would now be entitled to a standard discount that applied to Qld Seniors.  Instead he said I should go on-line to check out plans for Seniors. He did say that my Seniors number was now recorded on my account.

I couldn't find any Seniors Plans on-line at agl.com.au.  I have only signed up to a plan with AGL a few months ago anyway.

I am now confused as to what I need to do from here.

Can you confirm that:

1. now that my Seniors number has been attached to my account I will receive a discount on my current plan?

2. there are further plans available in addition to or instead of the standard Seniors discount and where can I find them.

Highlighted

AGL Community Manager

Hi @philweg , take a look at our seniors offer here: https://www.agl.com.au/seniors. Existing customers can certainly take up this offer. 

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Thanks David.  I'll check it out.